IGNORED

TwinMax

Daddoz777

I'm no help finding you a TwinMax, but if you need a cheap tool to sync your throttles here is one version of a diy manometer.

Another version

And using the version above on a BMW.

As Ed suggested, build a manometer. It will take about 15 minutes, cost less than the shipping would be for a TwinMax, and work better.

Thanks, guys. I know there are different camps on the TwinMax vs. a man-o-meter, but if the mano' is good enough for the old dogs it's good enough for me. I guess I'll just make one.

Thanks, guys. I know there are different camps on the TwinMax vs. a man-o-meter, but if the mano' is good enough for the old dogs it's good enough for me. I guess I'll just make one.

Just a few things to think about when you make one.

- Yard sticks are often used, but any stick will do since the markings are not used.

- If at all possible try to put a restriction in-line. The smaller opening will slow the movement of the liquid, smooth out the pulses, and help keep the fluid from being sucked into the throttle body. A decent restrictor can be found at the auto parts store in the vacuum fitting adapter area. Something like these:

RNB-799-355_WK.jpg

The smaller the ID (Inside Diameter) the better.

- Use transmission fluid or something with a similar viscosity. Too light of a fluid leads to it being jumpy. Too thick and it will cling to the sides of the tube making accurate reading more difficult and greatly increasing the time required to get the fluid to level out so you are starting with equal columns. The restrictors should be used to slow the movement of the fluid, not just the viscosity. Whatever fluid you use just be sure it can be burned off if any were to make it to the throttle body.

yep, mine included pvc tubes for a anti-suck-it-in the motor version

Do you mean PCV? If you do mean pvc, polyvinyl chloride, how does the use pvc make it anti-suck-it-in?

If you meant pcv, how would a pcv valve stop fluid from being sucked in? If air is moving toward the throttle bodies so is the fluid. The pvc would have a check valve, but that would keep air or fluid from moving the opposite direction, away from the throttle body.

Archived