IGNORED

Gopro Hero

Bud

Have you checked them all out? Sony, JVC, etc.. I'm happy with my Contour Roam. Contour's are more compact than the GoPro and offer the same features (not my Roam, it's bottom of the line, but the +2 does). While they did shut their doors last year, the plan, with new investors is to reopen shortly.

Black 3 or 3+ would be your best bet. (I bought a 3+ Black Edition recently.)

The lens in the 3+ is apparently better suited to 'closer' objects - but the difference is pretty hard to see.

The remote comes with the 'black' edition, but aside from testing it on arrival - I've never used it. Instead, I use the GoPro App on my iPhone, which works great, and allows a (slightly laggy) preview of the camera view. It's MUCH easier to adjust the settings with the app than with the buttons on the camera, or even the remote.

The remote might be good when turning it on/off with gloves on, or to use as a 'shutter' button for photos.

The 'black' edition offers more recording modes, at higher speed and resolution. You might not need 2.7K video today, but it makes it somewhat more 'future proof.'

There is a comparison chart right on the GoPro site:

http://gopro.com/cameras

Here's a great resource that discusses the various modes and so on of the Black edition. It hasn't been updated for the 3+, but it's mostly all the same.

http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

Got a GoPro Black 3+ and I love it. Here's a sample of what I recently did with it:

The video is a short and brief summary of a ride - 115 miles and 3+ hours of riding.

I don't use the GoPro software to edit, but rather use AVS4YOU video editing software. AVS4YOU seems more stable, has more features, and as easy to use.

I am experimenting with different GoPro mount setups - crashbars, helmet, dash, etc. for future vids. I use the Android app to preview video. The remote is mounted on my right wrist for auto-on/off.

Jeez! What bunch of narcissists..... ;)

Suddenly everyone wants to be a Cecil B DeMille. Next we'll have small drones that you can grab from your tank bag, launch and then photograph yourself in a corner, hanging out a knee :rofl: .

Suddenly everyone wants to be a Cecil B DeMille. Next we'll have small drones that you can grab from your tank bag, launch and then photograph yourself in a corner, hanging out a knee :rofl: .

That's fantastic. Do you already have the drone in a beta version? I'm ready to invest! :thumbsup:

Blind Squirrel

That's fantastic. Do you already have the drone in a beta version? I'm ready to invest! :thumbsup:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1010830&gclid=CKam_qGFq70CFaVxOgodOnUA2A&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Here is a video I took yesterday. Using Gopro Hero 3+ Silver edition. I used a front of helmet mount. First time using the camera, in a waterproof housing. I only exported in 720p, though I recorded in 1080p at 60 fps.

Next time I'll angle the camera up more - without an LCD screen, I was just guessing.

Riding 1997 BMW R850R

I use a Hero 3 silver. I film in 960p at 30 frames per sec. This particular camera has the ability to wirelessly connect to my iphone. This gives me the ability to see what the camera sees/start recording/stop recording.

Click on my link below to have a look see at the quality. "Ride to Sutter creek" video is my favorite.

Archived