IGNORED

First ride was yesterday

Bud

And I guess my bike is too small. After all, they all claim "I don't know it is back there." but decreased acceleration and increased braking distance was obvious.

Also have to remember to not cut the corners.

Will have a better idea when I get back from NC/GA (START and the GA Mountain Rally) at the end of next month.

And I guess my bike is too small. After all, they all claim "I don't know it is back there." but decreased acceleration and increased braking distance was obvious.

Sounds like 3 ingredients for a recipe of disaster. Take your time and learn about your new ride. It will take time. You will gain your confidence with it. It is now a working truck with four wheels and no more a touring bike as long as that trailer is attached.

Your cushion of vulnerability has increased 4 fold. Be cautious and careful.

It is a whole lot bigger than I thought it would be. I'm guessing there weren't any pictures with it behind a bike? A picture like that would have given you a much better perspective as to its size.

The one I pulled was tiny in comparison. We actually named it Tiny. It was 3' long, 2' wide, and 1' deep, with 16" motorcycle tires and weighing in at all of 100 lbs. Mine also had a drop axle which also made a difference.

In any case, if you give yourself some time to get some miles behind you I'm guessing you'll become more comfortable. If I can offer a suggestion, you might want to leave the cooler off. I believe you said you were not going to carry the spare which is also a move in the right direction. Hope you can get it to work for you.

Like everything else in life, practice makes perfect (well at least many things). :grin:

I had my tongue in cheek when I said my bike was too small.

I'm satisfied that it will be just fine. I left off the spare because it would make the trailer lighter. Empty it weighs 145 lbs. My son and I can easily lift it.

I'd consider some more illumination or reflectivity on the side, perhaps rear too?

I hope it works out with some more road time.

:wave:

It has LED side lights, front and rear and LED tail lights. I'm adding an LED light bar to the top of the back.

Could easily add these:

28771443.jpg

To the rear and sides.

DOT approved and all.

Sounds like 3 ingredients for a recipe of disaster. Take your time and learn about your new ride. It will take time. You will gain your confidence with it. It is now a working truck with four wheels and no more a touring bike as long as that trailer is attached.

Your cushion of vulnerability has increased 4 fold. Be cautious and careful.

139557895364.jpg

Congrats on the first ride Bud. I don't know much about bike trailers but the tongue seems long. Is it a standard length used for bikes?

Here's hoping you include us as a stop over on your ride if you venture into Ontario. We'd even get you back out on the water but be warned that we're now in the 'stink potter' category having sold off the accoutrements of our 'rag bagger' days.

Oh, and first ride might be a little further out for us. We had another 6" of the white stuff yesterday - but I've heard we're already into spring :/

Took this pic of our shop about an hour ago.:

IMG_0572.jpg

Congrats on the first ride Bud. I don't know much about bike trailers but the tongue seems long. Is it a standard length used for bikes?

Here's hoping you include us as a stop over on your ride if you venture into Ontario. We'd even get you back out on the water but be warned that we're now in the 'stink potter' category having sold off the accoutrements of our 'rag bagger' days.

Oh, and first ride might be a little further out for us. We had another 6" of the white stuff yesterday - but I've heard we're already into spring :/

Took this pic of our shop about an hour ago.:

IMG_0572.jpg

Man, you guys just can not catch a break on winter.

139557592689.jpg

Having pulled a lot of different boats around the country, I do not have problem with the tongue length. A longer tongue has advantages. For this application, I just have to remember to not hop the curbs by cutting the corners short. :grin:

Who cares what you are in when you are on the water? It's all good!

:thumbsup:

Where are your home waters??

Bud, we won't be running the sugar bush this year. The folks who do will snowshoe to the trees to install taps but as the snow melts they'll be faced with either a high reach to the bucket or retapping. It's been a real winter.

Search for Minden, ON on Google Maps and scan slightly East to Lake Kashagawigamog. We're in the hamlet of Ingoldsby at the very Western end of the lake. Translation of the lake's name is appropriate: " long,narrow winding waters".

And I agree with you: "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats" (Wind In The Willows). Well, I have to say those words were written before motorcycles came into vogue.

Found you! Nice place to live.

We sailed the North Channel since 98. Lots of good memories there for us.

Archived