IGNORED

Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires

Mr. Frank

Dennis Andress

We've got them on our K13s. We both like them, but neither of us have done much more than freeway riding with them. My seat of the pants impression is that their profiles are a bit then the PR2s we've been using, causing the bike to feel a little slower to lean.

Can't say anything about how they do in rain as, well, SoCal hasn't had any rain to speak of.

Yep

Part of my deal to purchase the new R120RT Wethead was that it had to have PR4 GT's on it.

Haven't done anymore then 271km (just got the bike), but part of the break in process was to hit the local mountain road with tight sweepers, climbing up and then down the mountain again.

As good as the PR3's in regards to grip.

Haven't pushed them to their limit yet in regards to leaning it over to the extreme, due to them still requiring scuffing in but so far I am impressed.

I have got a 15mm chicken strip left on the sidewall to get further down yet.

Also taken my daughter on the back and two up was just as good.

Bit surprised as they say that it uses harder compound to increase their useful mileage and I expected to loose a bit of stickiness.

Can't tell in regards to steering lightness as the Wethead is a lot nimbler in steering anyway then my previous R1200RT Hexhead.

Certainly suits the Wethead very well.

Jose Abiles

Have them (4 GTs) on my '04 R1150 RT-P. Really happy with them. Ony have a couple hundred miles on them and still breaking them in.

Responds well to light pressure inputs to steering. They hold well on the curves. Can't say much about performance in the rain as I try to avoid wet day driving.

I also have them on the new RT and am pleased with their traction, especially in the wet. My commute up here has included some frog stranglers and these hoops just shouldered on. I only have 1200 miles on the bike so can't speak to their longevity.

I have a PR4 GT on the rear of my R1200RT with a used PR3 on the front.

Put 5700 miles on it the week before last. Very little wear is showing.

The PR3 I replaced had around 4000 miles on it with much more wear and squaring off. I'll put it back on sometime in the future and probably do another 4K on it.

Doug_Baliko

I'm currently running PR4 GT's. I have about 2500 miles on them and like them a lot. I just came back from a 3 day run to Arkansas. We hit a half day of HEAVY rain and the tires were very stable. I also like them much better than PR3's in the twisties. I worked the tires pretty hard on those great Arkansas roads. Nice grip!

When I had PR3's I always had the feeling that the bike was falling off the center when entering a curve. There was a noticeable point when you leaned over. Almost like you could tell when you were coming off the harder rubber and onto the softer sides. I don't know if that makes and sense, but it's the way they felt to me. I don't get that feeling with the PR4's. They have a much smoother transition in the twisties. My 2 cents.

Doug

Great feedback, timely for a trip I have coming up. I just got back from a 100 mile first ride on my new pr4 gt set to get the new off. When I lived in Denton we used to head up and over the Talihena trail to Mena and ride on those nice Arkansas roads. Miss the close proximity to that sort here in central Florida.

• 2 weeks later...
When I had PR3's I always had the feeling that the bike was falling off the center when entering a curve. There was a noticeable point when you leaned over. Almost like you could tell when you were coming off the harder rubber and onto the softer sides. I don't know if that makes and sense, but it's the way they felt to me. I don't get that feeling with the PR4's. They have a much smoother transition in the twisties. My 2 cents.

Doug

Doug, it makes perfect sense. While there is consensus they last a long time some reviewers note the PR3's seem a bit squirrely and vague on quick turn-ins and aggressive braking. I wonder if the PR4's do improve on this.

Where I live, there are no curves for a hundred miles except for an 8 mile stretch out one of the Keys that I call stairsteps because there are 13 blind 90s through the mangroves in that stretch. I try to ride the road out and back daily after work just to keep in touch. The PR4-GTs that I installed exhibit no twitchiness(sp?)on these and they are normally a quick turnin after seeing through the turn. I can't recall exactly how the OEM Z8s felt when new but I really like the feel of these. Can't wait to get to NC next week.

Archived