IGNORED

Voztec helmet

walton66

Caught a youtube video by accident last night about a new helmet design by a company named Voztec. It opens kind of like a rear entry ski boot, with the hinge at the top of the helmet. It has no chin strap. Has anyone else seen this? The video was from last year so I'm not sure if it ever reached production.

Very interesting design. It looks like it addresses some of the issues associated with glasses and ear buds.

Definitely interesting and innovative ... potential to be extremely quiet based on seal to neck and head. The emergency release of the whole front is a great idea. Interesting business plan in that they are looking at _every_ helmet with a chin guard that exists not just powersports.

Wonder how long before available in US? An Australian company, no distributors listed on their site (a lot of which is under construction). Wonder if one of our Members down under might have more insight on the product/company and potential prices ?

Chris,

I have the same question(s) so emailed them & asked about price & availability. Here's the response:

"HI Mike,

Thanks for the email, due to be on sale the second half of 2014 and will be available across the US, price range will be similar too Arai helmets.

Kind Regards

Mark Bryant Voztec Pty Ltd

Managing Director Level 10, 68 Pitt Street

Talk: +61 420 763 223 Sydney NSW 2000 Australia

Gee, just go to the source ... whoda thunk to do that :rofl:

Not unexpected that it would be a premium price ... the materials used will need to be top notch however, regardless of the innovation . Still interested however. Looking forward to actually seeing / trial fitting one.

Good idea asking the source. I just stumbled across a video on YouTube as one does sometime. I also am interested as I want a new helmet this summer. I'll be watching for it.

Archived