IGNORED

R1200rt

Aussiemike1969

Aussiemike1969

Hello all,

I have just purchased 2012 r1200rt with factory radio.

Would like to add sat nav,I phone 5 with music and rider to pillion communication.

What navigation system is reccomended? bmw 5 sat nav or garmin 660?

Currently have shoei neotec helmet that is very comfortable would like to keep,not sure if a sho-1 communication system will work all I require on bmw radio and bmw 5 sat nav.

Do I need to also get bmw Bluetooth helmet system?.

I do ride other non bmw bikes so with the sho-1 system an advantage may be that it is within the helmet and some features can be used when riding other bikes( phone/ music) rather than a full bmw system that can't be transferred.

Bmw shop a bit vague and unsure when I enquired today about any options.

Am I better to purchase a bmw helmet with full Bluetooth system which seems to be very expensive and I may not get on with the helmet for comfort or fit anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Haven't heard of the " sho-1" system but, a buddy of mine has the neotec and uses the Sena SMH 10 and loves the setup.

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

Pat

I run a BMW Navigator V and SENA SMH10 setup. Works great for me. Audio is good at ludicrous speed on the Autobahn.

Mike

I have the Zumo 660 and a Starcom (AUTOCOM) for comms. There is a thread on here about how to wire the whole rig into a cabled system. I get crystal clear comms, music and converstation at speeds over 100 MPH on the autobahn.

Personally, I prefer the cabled systems, no batteries, no interference and virtually unlimited connection optoins. Did the bluetooth thing, took me 3 short months to decide it sucked.

Aussiemike1969

Hi the sho-1 is a scarla/ shoei intercom partnership system

Reviews seem good but quite expensive

Aussiemike1969

Hi when you refer to audio is that the bmw radio or is it an I pod

Do all the features/ controls work ok if you have bmw radio, do you have phone connected?

Archived