IGNORED

Seats

bdfbeemer

DaveTheAffable

Long thread here...

Rick Meyer Seats.....

I have seen several of his seats, and people who have them generally like them.

But, he has a life besides his seat making business and some have had issues with his delivery.

Personally, I would have no problem doing business with him.

I talked with Rick Meyer today. Seems ok by phone bit since no $ interaction I donn't know how he would be in this case.

I have had Rick make seats for my 1150RT (Deceased) and my 2005 R1200RT,which he did twice.On both bikes we took advantage of the ride in appointment,which was great.

The leather on both seats on the R1200Rt,deteriorated prematurely and I felt responsible because the bike was exposed to rain and snow. When I took the bike back to Rick,I fully expected to pay to have them recovered.When Rick finished, he told me that nothing I did damaged the leather.He said the leather was defective and refused to charge me anything.Furthermore,Rick said that if he had seen my bike with seats in that condition( at a rally) he would have fixed them without asking because they represent his business.

Needless to say,I would never hesitate to have him build seats for me in the future.

Steve

I can tell you after July. I'm picking up a pair from a member in Colorado who sold his RT. He and I are approx the same size. I'm starting to loose weight. So by July it should be OK.

Two firsts today. Went for a short ride today to get the new off my PR4s and to try out my new seat from Bill Meyer seats. Buying the tires were easy, the seat I gnashed my teeth over for 6 months. I finally made a decision 3 weeks ago and filled out the order form on his website, had a friend help me take all the photos, weighed myself with all my gear, yikes, and headed for the UPS store with my OEM seat on a Friday. It had to go from FL to CA so they received it the following Friday. On the next Thursday it was on a truck back to me. Yesterday I put the front wheel back on and went for ~100 miles today.

There is nothing like the feel of a new set of tires! The seat is so much better for me than stock and I'm sure it will get better as I break it in. Two great purchases this month. Hello North Carolina, can hardly stand the wait.

I had a Rick Mayer on a Victory Kingpin, I have a Bill (Rocky) Mayer on my '09 G650GS. If I were to buy another Mayer, it would be from Bill Mayer. 1) The seat comfort on the Bill Mayer is better. Although, the bikes are vastly different so take that for what it's worth. 2) Rick's communication can be poor and he doesn't always give you all the options you pay for. DAMHIK.

Archived