IGNORED

Rigging a Nelson Rigg tankbag

Fred C.

Hi ho, the RT came with a small Nelson Rigg bag with two straps: One attaches with two clips to the front of the bag, and I am guessing the strap encircles the handlebars. The second strap attaches with one clip to the rear of the bag, and has a sewn in loop on its free end. I have been going nuts, trying to find where that attaches. The pad on that strap appears to have a little oxided paint on it so I am sure it has been in use. Someone know where it attaches?

http://NelsonRiggTankBagRearAnchor_zps57ab0953.jpg

NelsonRiggTankbagRearStrap_zpsaa2e4908.jpg

[/url][/img]

Fred -

Try unclipping the strap, loop the strap around the saddle height adjusting bar, then run the strap through the loop and then clip back to the bag. Basically, you now have the strap looped around the bar and then up to the bag.

This will hold it in place.

Jim

Fred as described by Jim is correct. However the front straps don't go to the handlebars. They go over the tank and down just above the fron wheel. You will find to bars there. Do the same thing. Loop the straps around each bar run them back over your tank to the bag.

S' OK, the front strap makes a loop which by its size was used by the P-O around the handlebars, under that chrome wire corral for the cables in front of the head stall. It fits that run just fine, and is convenient to remove when the bag is not on the motor. When my red motor was parked on the street one day someone diddled with the tank bag strap, trying to remove it I think. I don't like leaving anything flapping unattached any more.

The rear strap shows something has been through the loop at its end but the seat height adjustment bar does not show marks in its dust as though it was where the strap was attached. That is perfectly adequate, and I can loop the strap on itself around that bar. Was just looking for confirmation to see if that was the best place.

Archived