IGNORED

EZ-Pass mounting

Rex R

What methods do you use to mount your ez pass (or similar) toll transponder? I've tried a few gadgets and different locations with various degrees of success.

I just tried using the Velcro strips that EZ Pass supplies on my windshield but they peeled right off the first time I removed the tag!

Any suggestions on getting them to stick? I cleaned and dried the windshield before mounting the strips. I also gave the adhesive several minutes to set. The strips still came right off with the tag. Never had the problem on the glass windshield on my cars.

I've been told that they work reliably in the top of your tank bag.

That's where mine is right now but I haven't gone thru a toll plaza yet.

I've been using mine in my tank bag since last July with no problem but yeasts I received a letter with a bill by license plate invoice. It seems that in the middle of a weekend dash north, it didn't register at a couple of stations. Registered before and after these particular plazas. They charged ne an admin fee which was more than the tolls. A phone call is on my agenda tomorrow

Thanks for the input everyone.

Unfortunately, I rarely ride with a tank bag or top case.

The "velcro strips" that I used were the dual lok strips that EZ Pass supplies with the tag. I have a couple of extra sets of strips on order. Hopefully, I'll have better luck applying them. In the meantime, anyone else care to volunteer how you mount your tags to your machines?

Would putting it in you chest pocket work?

It should. It works inside tupperware, in the back of a commercial moving van. Don't ask me how I know...

D'oh!

Min is mounted to the underside of the windscreen using the 3M Dual Loc strips that EZ-Pass provides. I've not had an issue with the strips coming off. I just cleaned the area well using Simple Green, then wiped with some alcohol and let it dry. Then I mounted the strips to the EZ-Pass, peeled off the paper, and stuck the pass to the screen.

Would putting it in you chest pocket work?

I do it all the time but recommend using an exterior pocket AND if possible face the velcro side of the transponder outward. The directional antenna is located on this side of the unit.

I have the original 'square' transponder. The newer units are smaller and likely have an improved antenna, making them less sensitive to positioning when presented to the receivers.

Archived