IGNORED

Tail bag

Doug_Baliko

Doug_Baliko

I added a Wolfman Peak Tailbag to my RT. I also mounted 4 low profile strap hooks that I bought from Aerostich. I plan on using this to carry tools and stuff that I carry on short weekend trips. It gives me some extra room in my side bags without having to use my trunk.

imagejpg1_zpse31029f4.jpg

imagejpg2_zps9eeabffc.jpg

Doug

Doug_Baliko

Yes, the trunk still fits. The strap hooks are not higher than the center portion of the rack.

Doug

I have used a Camelbak BFM on both of my RTs and like it quite a bit when I don't require a hard top case or a large amount of luggage. The straps on the BFM loop perfectly around the tail at multiple points, provide easy access to the many pockets, and is quick to secure or remove from the bike.

• 3 weeks later...
I added a Wolfman Peak Tailbag to my RT. I also mounted 4 low profile strap hooks that I bought from Aerostich.

[..]

Doug

Great idea! I did have trouble finding these handles and after a lot of searching found out that what I was looking for are "Footman Loops."

Doug_Baliko
I added a Wolfman Peak Tailbag to my RT. I also mounted 4 low profile strap hooks that I bought from Aerostich.

[..]

Doug

Great idea! I did have trouble finding these handles and after a lot of searching found out that what I was looking for are "Footman Loops."

The strap loops that I used I bought at Aerostich.

http://www.aerostich.com/low-profile-strap-loops-4.html

They are low profile. They do not interfere with the BMW trunk if you want to switch back and forth between the small tail bag and a large trunk.

Doug

Archived