IGNORED

Garmin Introduces Zumo 590

marcopolo

Looks great. Larger and higher resolution than the 665. Only thing missing is XM. My guess: there will be a 690 for a hundred dollars more in the near future!!

Seriously, for that money you could buy an iPad Mini, a Bad Elf Gps dongle, and a nice waterproof case, and not only would you have a device that has vastly more uses than a single function Zumo, but you would save about $200 as well.

Bad Elf GPS...

just wondering, is not what you are paying for is the basecamp? the ability to route, tracks, spoken instructions, spoken street names etc. If all you want is to get from A to B, then yes a 99.00 gps works. But if you want tracks routing, sharing, voice commands etc, do these other units work? maybe I need to try one, but I just cannot see putting a 7" ipad mini on the handlebars of my bike, and having it speak route commands etc. Not to mention XM radio for those of us with no data plan, or limited data plans. just wondering

Why get a $99 GPS? Get one with all the bells and whistles and the waterproof case. Heck you could by two and still not spend as much for ONE Zumo.

Why get a $99 GPS? Get one with all the bells and whistles and the waterproof case. Heck you could by two and still not spend as much for ONE Zumo.

I donno Scott. I've had a zumo 550 for many years. It is one rugged unit.

Can you access the touch screen very well through those cases? Is the screen clear in the wet or is it all fogged up?

Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Seriously, for that money you could buy an iPad Mini, a Bad Elf Gps dongle, and a nice waterproof case, and not only would you have a device that has vastly more uses than a single function Zumo, but you would save about $200 as well.

Bad Elf GPS...

This. Seriously.

In today's technology market there are better ways to shape the disbursement of one's funds than to put them solely into a dedicated GPS.

Archived