IGNORED

Torso/chest protection options

tkrandall

I am curious if anyone here wears any kind of torso/chest/rib protection for their sport touring riding that they can recommend beyond the back/spine and elbow/shoulder pads in most riding jackets. I see that there are a variety of product offerings on Revzilla, etc that can be worn under a jacket, some with soft padding and some offering a more rigid framework.

Just curious to hear as to any positive or negative experiences or tradeoffs with such gear.

Guest Kakugo

I have a Dainese Wave Gilet (see here for the brand new and much upgraded Wave) to wear under my leather suit which, being an ancient Dainese, doesn't provide much in the way of protections.

I bought it used from a police officer who "outgrew" it, if you know what I mean. ;)

How is it? On the track is almost like not wearing it. But when touring you will ride many hours, so I cannot vouch if it will be comfortable all day long.

Firefight911
The Klim Badlands has chest protection.

Yup. This is what I now ride with. Very robust protection with a great fit and feels great.

Annually Road Racing World magazine publishes a Trackday Directory issue. it's out now.

Refer to this to learn what you need to know about rider protection gear.

For example, did you see Stephan Bradl's crash at Qatar a couple weeks ago? As he slid across the sand, sparks were coming from his hands. You need gloves like that, too.

Archived