IGNORED

Garmin 660 audio instructions

CVA-42

A new-to-me 1200GS came with a Garmin Zumo 660 and mount already wired to the bike. It did not come with a headset. I won't be using it to talk to my passenger (I rarely have one) or for music or phone calls. All I'll be using it for is GPS. The P.O. used a Camos BTS-200 set-up which, I'm told by a vendor who actually sells them, is overpriced and outdated in his opinion. The vendor actually recommended a SENA Bluetooth unit called the SMH5 which he doesn't even sell. I realize that the SMH5 is capable of more than I'd be using it for but that's okay. Does anyone have experience with it or can anyone recommend an alternative? Thanks....

CoarsegoldKid

Well we have the Scala G9. Garmin just issued an update so the Garmin 660 series plays nice with BT headsets. Prior to the update the 660 series would stop playing music after about one hour of time. Be sure to update the software on your Garmin.

As for the Scala G9 we like it very much and even more so if the update works. My wife pairs her Samsung Galaxy mp3 player to the G9 and loves it.

I have the SMH 5 and have similar use to what you need,it has been great.

Some folks suggest buying the newer FM version,as it comes with better speakers for about the same price as a standard 5 and then buying better speakers.

Like the small size of the 5 as compared to the 10.

You do lose a bit of battery life and reception distance,but for your use that would not be a factor.

Easy to use controls and easily re pairs with your source if you separate the two at rest stops.etc.

I got a good deal on a hardly used dual set on a BMW site,that way if I run low on battery,I can swap main units and charge the second in the tank bag.

JR356

Archived