IGNORED

GIVI Monokey Mounting Plate

U-Turn

My bike had a GIVI Traffic Monokey topcase on it when I bought it a few years back. Not sure how old the case is but I am guessing at least five years if not more.

I just bought a used V46 and while it looks like it should fit I am having trouble getting the V46 to "latch in" on my existing mounting plate. Don't want to force it if it is not the correct plate. I thought the Monokey plates were universal and would accept any Monokey model box. Anyone know if this is not the case? Thanks...

The monokey mounting plates are universal as far as I know. I've had a V46 topcase for a number of years and I use it on two different bikes, each with its own monokey mounting plate. On one bike, it slips right on and locks in place with no argument. On the other, I usually need to use a little force from behind to get it to click in place. Obviously, something is different but I can't see what it is except that the more tempermental plate is a few years newer then the other one. Visually, they appear exactly the same.

Archived