IGNORED

Turn-A-Bike Saddle

Malthound

Actually, after a bit more digging, I found this one:

http://tinyurl.com/lqpn3t3

Reading the specs, it looks like the total height of the base at the point of contact for the center stand is about 7/8" (less if I remove the rubber mat). I just put a 1" thick piece of scrap wood under my center stand and I was JUST barely able to get it fully up and locked. I like the locking casters on this one, and it's cheaper. Looks like a winner to me.

szurszewski

I made one out of a "surplus" plastic cutting board and a lazy Susan type turntable from an old monitor stand (has cylindrical roller bearings in it). Works well but the cutting board is not non-slip, so I have to be careful when "spinning."

Less than an inch total height, and it does make it harder to get the bike on the center stand, but not nearly as much harder as it gets with a 2x4 under the stand.

josh

A friend of mine had one in his garage last time I was there. It was a Telefix. A good brand.

He no longer has the bike. He said he wanted 150 for it. Likely used just a few times if I know him.

PM me if you want me to check on it.

Located in Fresno

SteveHebert

I paid $199 for mine. Can't remember the brand name but they all look identical. Best thing I have bought as an off bike accessory. It is well worth the $$.

louisvillebob

I've used something similar from Wunderlich for years. It's quite handy for moving or turning the bike around in tight spaces. Recommend it. Use it for R100RTs (about 500#). Have not tried it for heavier bikes. There's a technique to getting the bike on the saddle, but it's not difficult. Not much different than using the center stand on concrete floor. Same cautions apply.

Bob

If, as the OP's title suggests, the object is just to tun the bike as opposed to moving it then one solution is a turning plate

I made mine of two circular pieces of polyethylene about 38cms in diameter. Put a small nut and bolt through the middle and you are done

The two pieces I used are 6 and 2mm thick so lifting the bike onto it's centrestand is a non issue

I have another version where the materials are a total thickness of 4mm and this turntable is flexible enough to fit in a pannier when touring

If I could figure how to get a photo from my iPad into a post I would do so!

Archived