IGNORED

part interchangeability

walton66

someone once shared a link with me that I could use to check whether parts of one year would fit on another. I cannot find it now. Any help? specifically I am trying to see if an aftermarket muffler from a 2006 RT will fit on my 2013.

Thanks

Here's a link to the A&S BMW parts microfiche

Link

Don't know if that's what you're meaning, but it shows the same part number for original mufflers on 2005 and 2013 RTs.

that is the link or at least one like it. I see different part #s for two ranges of years, possible hex vs camhead. I will check it out more carefully later today. Thank you for the quick response

Bill

that is the link or at least one like it. I see different part #s for two ranges of years, possible hex vs camhead. I will check it out more carefully later today. Thank you for the quick response

Bill

I think it was me - with www.realoem.com.

That lets you search your bike by model, year and market (US or Europe). Once you have the part number you can copy it and then go to the front page where you can search by part number. This gives a list of models the part is fitted to - including cars!

Andy

My apologies, it appears I looked at the muffler assembly complete, which is the same for both years, rather than the muffler itself, which isn't.

Thanks all. I saw a staintune for sale off a 2006 and was trying to see if it would fit my 2013. I couldn't tell on the staintune website and felt a bit odd calling a dealer to ask.

Archived