IGNORED

Fuel pump leaking on 2007 RT

sebjones906

sebjones906

I just got a recall on the leaking/cracked fuel pump on my 2007 RT. It was taken care of at the dealer this morning for free. They replaced the entire unit and yes, mine was starting to crack just like all the others. I asked, "what about all those units that have been fixed or replaced in the past, before the re-call?" I was told that a BMW dealer will/can reimburse the owner if they used BMW parts.

I think anyone who had to replace their pump units or fix them before this re-call should talk to the dealers for reimbursement. I would.

I know this subject has been on the board before. This is the current word from the horse's mouth.

Evening Sam

Yes, that reimbursement info came in the last recall letter from BMW.

Only up to MSRP of parts & reasonable charges including Tax, Disposal charges, HazMat charges, etc.

No towing or lodging to be paid though.

According to the BMW letter I got you would need to furnish your dealer both the owner notification letter that BMW sent to you on the recall & a copy of the paid invoice you paid for the repair. It also states you need to have the repair inspected by your dealer to assure it was done correctly (if vehicle is still in your possession).

Archived