IGNORED

Bell Mag 9 Sena helmet

SteveHebert

SteveHebert

Has anyone seen this helmet? They wife and I use the Sena system and really want a 3/4 for the brutal summer heat. Not a bad price either.

I like the rally color/style.

Really liked the Mag 8 I had, actually still have it for light duty dirt play.

Don't have one yet but I like what I see in the 9. :thumbsup:

You will need this if you are going to use your existing Sena units.

Pat

SteveHebert

Thanks Pat. I will order one today.

Larry,

I know the odds but I flew in a 3/4 helmet for 22 years so I am comfy with the decision. It is not for everyone but the heat is a major factor down in Alabamie.

Steve, suspect you were in a good restraint harness in flight. Just saying....apologies for the intrusion, it's the grandfather in me.

Love my modular for the Savannah summers, flipping it up at stoplights is priceless. Far cry from my Seattle commuting where I didn't even take the liner out of my jacket in the summer.

I know, we all make choices. I'm not quite ATGATT, usually lax about pants and boots on short trips around town. Not logical, as the worst damage I've sustained was two sprained ankles and a skinned knee in two different in-town get offs.

Just sayin...

(and it's kind of a cool helmet ;) )

SteveHebert

I do appreciate the concern and I have it as well. I am the same about ATGATT. My worst was a severely bruised knee from not wearing pants one night.

I first looked at the Schuberth Jett helmet J1, but it is pricey if it is something I may not like. If I do enjoy the 3/4, I may get the Schuberth. I currently use the Schuberth C2 flip front.

• 2 weeks later...
SteveHebert

Took the new helmet out of the box today and installed the Bell Sena specific mount. It took anout 2 minutes as the helmet is set up for this with cutouts and channels already there. What an awesome thing to do. The visors are good quality. I will ride with it this weekend to see how it feels.

The medium is a bit more snug than a usual medium but I think will be just fine.

SteveHebert

Revzilla. It was shipped the same day. Helmet was $179 and headset was $39.

• 2 weeks later...
SteveHebert

Maiden voyage with the helmet yesterday on my commute to and from work. The helmet is pretty quiet at highway speed and silent if I raise the windsceen up more than I normally do. It was very quiet on the back roads at 55 mph.

The visibility difference is INCREDIBLE! I looked at the Schuberth J1 a couple of years ago but hated to try it out for $500 plus dollars. I would buy one now for sure and it does offer the detachable "Johnny Unitas" chin bar.

The Sena unit snapped in place effortlessly. The install for the headset took about 2 minutes. It came with helmet speakers. I did not even ask about the earbud option. I use that set up with my Schuberth C2.

The helmet is very light and the visor was heaven with the low setting sun last night?

SteveHebert

Enjoy Pat. I will be adding a second one to the family helmet collection for the Mrs.

Archived