IGNORED

New/Used seat

TangoWright

TangoWright

I have a 99 R1100R and the stock seat just plain sucks. Are there any ideas for getting the frame re padded and re covered? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The best solution is usually to find a reupholstery/seat shop near where you live, and get a truly "custom" seat made. I rode down to Sargents a few months ago for a fitting, and I'm quite pleased with the result — with the addition of a sheepskin and a layer of fairly soft foam. The overall effect is not unlike a large pair of hands cradling my butt cheeks.

sheep%252Bfoam%2520-%2520Edited.JPG

I took my KLR's seat to a local upholstery shop. I had them remove some foam as per my instructions. They cut the foam out and recovered with the same stock seat cover. It cost me about $40, and I was very pleased with the results. It felt good and looked good as well.

The R1100R seat has more contours so it will be more difficult to modify correctly. One way to solve this is to work in small steps, adding and removing material and then taking it for a ride. It will cost a little more but seems like a better solution than just buying an aftermarket seat which may not address the issues you are having.

Shiny Side Up
The overall effect is not unlike a large pair of hands cradling my butt cheeks.

:eek: Thanks soooo much that visual. :rofl:

REALLY!!

TMI Selden!! LOL :wave:

The overall effect is not unlike a large pair of hands cradling my butt cheeks.

I thought that was Pam's job! :grin:

Archived