IGNORED

SiriusXM Satellite Antenna Mount?

GoldenK9

:wave:Hello out there in Beemer World!

I have an '05 R1200RT with a BMW Navigator II, which is no longer up-

datable by Garmin. $1200 (at the time) is hard to just throw away. My thought is to mount my Samsung Charge 4G LTE (no longer in phone service) in my Navigator II's place, somehow. The GPS on my Smart Phones is far superior as they use Google Earth imaging. Anyone done

a similar switch? Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, on my right handlebar mirror mount, I have a Saeng mount with a SiriusXM Stratus 6 radio. I am having difficulty finding a suitable, and kind of not noticeable place to put the antenna. Any thoughts on that also would be a big help. :dopeslap:

I've used the top of the brake or clutch reservoir with Velcro the means of fastening.

On my 05,I placed the XM antenna under the front upper trim panel.It is a clean installation but not convenient if you like to move it from vehicle to vehicle.

Steve

I epoxied a 1/2 inch Lee Valley rare earth magnet to the top of the right hand mirror. Magnet to magnet and 100% sky view has worked great for me.

Thanks again, all. I went the easy way and mounted it to the top of the front brake reservoir with HD Velcro. Bundled all the wiring in a plastic wire wrap and all of the millions of feet of the antenna wire I bundled, zip tied, and tucked up under dash area out of sight. Rode 500 miles back and forth twice to Sacramento and Folsom (as a Course Marshall for Tour of Calif.) and my XM Sirius radio worked perfectly. Thanks again for the help.

Archived