IGNORED

Evans Coolant

Kitsap

Being home sick coach surfing can be awfully boring. Time on my hands I pulled up Leno's Garage for a diversion and came across a segment on Evans Coolant. The waterless product is said to be a lifetime application that will outlast the engine preventing all corrosion. Any real world feedback from the collective would be appreciated.

A friend has been using it for years in his street rod, 32 Ford. Blown 460 in. Chevy. He swears by it. It runs without pressure so he modified some cap to not let the system pressurize. He has never had a heating problem since switching the car to the Evans.

Thanks Doug.

More than just being lazy and not wishing to mess with future coolant changes (not much of a job) I like the idea of limiting/reducing the amount of waste associated with maintenance.

Cheers,

IIRC Evans is basically propylene glycol (the edible ingredient in Frothee, for example).

In any case, modern engines with sealed coolant systems and overflow tanks are not susceptible to the cooling system ills of older vehicles with rads having an air head space. The elimination of that air exchange in the head spaces is what put radiator shops out of business years ago pretty much relegating them to replacing rads with cracked plastic tanks rather than the continual rodding or core replacements needed on older vehicles.

Evans should be considered a special purpose coolant with utility mostly on older vehicles. No reason to use it on newer stuff.

Archived