IGNORED

Zumo 665 XM antenna won't connect problem

Calum

Good evening. My Zumo 665 XM functionality (satellite radio and weather) works fine in the auto mount in my pickup, but when mounted in the motorcycle mount on my RT it says the XM antenna is not connected even though the antenna cable is plugged into the motorcycle harness.

I bought a new motorcycle mount kit/harness thinking that was the problem, but when I connected the Zumo and antenna I have the same problem, no XM antenna connected.

The Zumo has software version 3.0. Any assistance or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Hard to diagnose with more details such as, is this a new installation or existing? New purchase or used? What bike?

The only problem I ever had with a Garmin antenna was the antenna going bad. And that was one in several dozen installs and after several years of use.

They are not Inexpensive so whatever your situation is, how about borrowing the antenna from the pickup laying it on the seat and hooking up the GPS to the bike as normal. If the message goes away, it's the antenna, if the message persists, it's well, something else but at least you can eliminate the most obvious.

Archived