IGNORED

autocom active plus, Zumo 550, iphone question

Fugu

Yes, I've got some olde hardware...

But what's the best way to integrate my phone with the Zumo 550 and Active plus?

I see cable 4066 isolated interface for Zumo 550, which as I understand would take audio from Zumo and send my helmet mic back to the Zumo, and the Zumo would be linked to my phone with its own bluetooth. I understand the negatives of this are that with the active plus I have to pull a board component to disable muting or I can't talk back - which has the problem of disabling muting of music, etc. Would allow my phone to stay in my bag and I could selectively dial or answer from my Zumo screen- key since most incoming would be ignored.

I also see BTM-02 which is the bluetooth module designed to plug straight into the Active plus (and newer, less crusty olde units) and seems to solve the muting issue- BUT appears to auto answer? This last bit is the key - I don't want auto answering. I want to ignore most incoming but be able to selectly answer some calls and make outgoing.

I'm assuming folks have already solved this issue - I did years back (with a cheap flip phone second line hard wired...) but haven't had working phone coms on the bike for a while now and would like to go back to having that function if I can make it work without having to scrap all my olde but working hardware.

Any help appreciated. If I mis-stated stuff above in my understanding of options please let me know.

Thanks.

Archived