IGNORED

Bluetooth options for cennecting to a Zumo 665?

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

So I bought a concours last night and the bike already had a zumo 665 installed. I originally would have mounted the zumo 665 I already have but heck, the bike already had it. Normally when I mount the GPS I just run a audio cable up under the seat and listen to my earbuds. Well, this was proffesionally installed and the previous owner was using bluetooth. Without taking panels off and finsing the audio cable I cant listen to my music. So I started considering a bluetooth unit to pair. However I like using earbuds. Im not opposed to an intercom so my GF and I can talk but I really prefer earbuds, not in helmet speakers. I thought I remebered Sena offering both bluetooth and earbuds. I went to their website and there is a ton of models and I have no idea what I am looking at. Are there other companies offering both earbuds and bluetooth? In the Sena lineup, what would I need? Cost?

chrisolson

If you're planning on two units (GF) then the most popular Sena would be the smh10. The smh5 is similar, a few less features and less $$. Might be a good candidate. The smh20 is Sena's latest upgrade the the smh10 ... most features most $$. You really need to review the features for each to determine what works for you.

I have an smh10R but it lacks the jog dial and consequently is harder to change functions so most folks shy away. I like it for the low profile and riding solo the only thing I ever do is to change the volume.

The 5, 10, 20 and 10R all have the option for ear buds.

As already said, you would need to get:

1) the SENA SMH10 bluetooth intercom (you'd need a dual pack if you want your GF to have one too); and

2) for yourself, one of the optional helmet clamp kits for earbuds (you might consider the SMH-A0304). This optional clamp kit eliminates the speakers and gives you both a boom microphone and a wired microphone.

Since all you'd be using from the SMH10 would be the main module (it just clicks in and out of the helmet clamp), it might make more sense just to buy the main module all by itself, along with the optional helmet clamp kit for earbuds. If you went that route, you'd also need to get a USB/charging cord/wall charger etc.

My best advice would be to call Adam at RocketMoto.com and he can sort you out in no time flat. Just tell him what you want to do and he'll walk you through it. He'll also walk you through the installation too, if you need it. It's the kind of service you won't find at most other places. I have no connection to him, other than having bought three SENA intercoms from him, most recently a main module and helmet clamp kit for earbuds just a few weeks ago.

Also, if you mention that you've seen the long-running thread about the SENA at ADVRider.com, you'll get a small discount. It's in the Vendors forum there.

Also bear in mind that the latest and greatest SENA intercom (the 20S) is due out shortly (probably in June). It will be somewhat more advanced than the SMH10, but at a higher cost.

https://www.rocketmoto.com

cali_beemer
As already said, you would need to get:

1) the SENA SMH10 bluetooth intercom (you'd need a dual pack if you want your GF to have one too); and

2) for yourself, one of the optional helmet clamp kits for earbuds (you might consider the SMH-A0304). This optional clamp kit eliminates the speakers and gives you both a boom microphone and a wired microphone.

Since all you'd be using from the SMH10 would be the main module (it just clicks in and out of the helmet clamp), it might make more sense just to buy the main module all by itself, along with the optional helmet clamp kit for earbuds. If you went that route, you'd also need to get a USB/charging cord/wall charger etc.

My best advice would be to call Adam at RocketMoto.com and he can sort you out in no time flat. Just tell him what you want to do and he'll walk you through it. He'll also walk you through the installation too, if you need it. It's the kind of service you won't find at most other places. I have no connection to him, other than having bought three SENA intercoms from him, most recently a main module and helmet clamp kit for earbuds just a few weeks ago.

Also, if you mention that you've seen the long-running thread about the SENA at ADVRider.com, you'll get a small discount. It's in the Vendors forum there.

Also bear in mind that the latest and greatest SENA intercom (the 20S) is due out shortly (probably in June). It will be somewhat more advanced than the SMH10, but at a higher cost.

https://www.rocketmoto.com

Thanks, I may just do this. I may give the speakers a try first before using the earbud clamp. I called the rocket moto place but no answer. The pricing seems doable.

SteveHebert

The great thing about the Sena is the pricing of the helmet mounts. Roughly $30-40 and you can have a speaker version and an ear bud as well. I have bought a few. Swapping helmets then is easy. Just snap the unit into the mount and have a mount on each helmet.

CoarsegoldKid
The great thing about the Sena is the pricing of the helmet mounts. Roughly $30-40 and you can have a speaker version and an ear bud as well. I have bought a few. Swapping helmets then is easy. Just snap the unit into the mount and have a mount on each helmet.

Same with what Scala now sells I've been told. Be sure to update your Zumo with the latest firmware as it fixed a bluetooth streaming audio(music) problem.

motorman587

+1 on Sena, just installed some this week. Easy to install and once you figure out the "jog" it is easy. I am a visual person so reading the direction and attempt to understand what they are saying too sometime. I am also getting some other addition mounts for other helmets. Love this product, hate to say goodbye J&M which I have used for many many years.

Archived