IGNORED

Garmin 590LM to Autocom

johnlt

Does anyone know if the new 590 can be connected to autocom in a wired configuration? My 550 has a special lead that connects to both the mic and audio out ports on the 550 and goes to the autocom. I can't find out if the 590 has the mic port. Specs show an audio out port but that's it.

Second question. Who are the best autocom retailers currently? Thanks

The 550 feature of answering your phone I would guess is not used now due to the popularity of smart phones. Back when the 550 came out, that was a pretty slick feature so now you just get an audio out port, then it will cord to your Autocom box. The driving directions will come to Autocom and be routed to your helmet. As before, some aux ports on the box have priority over others so driving directions will cut music, etc.

There may be a dongle or cord to use the wired headset but look of you really used it and if you have a smart phone, there may be a more efficient way to accomplish what you want. The Autocom dealer listed will be able to help you choose what you need.

chrisolson

John, the connection is now hardwired to cables on the mount rather than the unit. You should be able to use the same lead to connect to your Autocom just like the 550.

Fast forward to 1:35 into the video

Perfect, that video was exactly what I was looking for. If I decide to "stay wired" it will install just like my 550. Thanks Chris and Ken

Archived