IGNORED

Where to put your "stuff".

Bud

I have a Big Mak tank bag on my R 1100 RT and while it is big enough for stuff, I would like something a little smaller/more portable to keep my cash, cc's etc while riding.

Getting my billfold out of my pants or jacket isn't always the easiest.

Wondering what you all do while on long trips. Thinking about toll booths, gas stations, drive up's etc.

Something along the lines of the Giant Loop Possibles Pouch but more weather proof.

More like a Biker "man purse" if ya know what I mean?

greiffster

as the Most Interesting Man in the World would say...I have know idea what you are talking about.

I keep my wallet (with cash CCs etc.) in my tank bag. In addition, I have a small zippered pocket (with a clear window) on the left forearm of my riding jacket. I keep cash in there and when I roll up to a toll booth, I stick my arm out, ask the attendant to unzip the pocket and take what they need and put back any change. Nobody has ever complained. In fact, most are amused.

as the Most Interesting Man in the World would say...I have know idea what you are talking about.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mrs. Caddis

I keep my DL, a credit card, health insurance card and $20 in a very thin credit card wallet in the inside pocket of my jacket. All other "purse" related items go in the top box...

Wallet and cash goe in a zippered thigh pocket of my riding overpants. Phone and/or point and shoot camera in inside pockets of my riding jacket.

As a former first responder I'd like to suggest that the best place for you wallet is on your person. I make the same recommendation for cell phones, and be sure your phone contain ICE (In Case of Emergency) numbers.

As you might imagine the rider, bike, and bike contents can be widely scattered in the event of an accident.

Hmmmm. I carry my wallet in the same place I carry it all the time. When I ride I put the cellphone in my pants pocket. My only real variance versus a car is I keep keys and point objects somewhere on the bike and not me. If I crash and break my phone, guess I will be SOL.

In Houston if you put your cash in your sleeve, you would probably be robbed riding down the road.

As a former first responder I'd like to suggest that the best place for you wallet is on your person. I make the same recommendation for cell phones, and be sure your phone contain ICE (In Case of Emergency) numbers.

As you might imagine the rider, bike, and bike contents can be widely scattered in the event of an accident.

A "like" for this.

BMW Airflow has dedicated inside chest pocket for phone, wallet in general purpose inside pocket on other side. Yup, ICE info on phone.

Maybe not your wallet, but if you keep a spare key in the glovebox lid, especially a wallet key, the key itself is unrecognizable and you can access water bottle, toll booth money, licorice, Glock 26, damp wipey thing pretty quick without removing gloves or shutting off the engine. At a restaurant or hotel, pull the key and you're secure.

My wallet has been replaced by the ever expensive clip.....work happens to provide as many as I need.

I got tired of having a lump in my back pocket so I dwindled it down to the minimums and clip them all together. Goes right in the front pocket of anything I'm wearing and I don't have to worry about a "slide out" as the clip is a pretty good grabber of cloth. I realized that I only use a very few certain cards so I didn't need all the excess junk on me at all times.

binder-clip.jpg

I've seen people who had their ribs broken in a crash by carrying cell phones inside jacket.

YMMV

I keep wallet in jacket outside lower pocket.

Cell in ziplock bag in tankbag, zipped.

Dollar bills, change in left front pants pocket or tank bag in ziplock if I anticipate toll.

....In Houston if you put your cash in your sleeve, you would probably be robbed riding down the road.

Born and raised in Canada, I'd never give that a second thought, but rest assured when I'm in the U.S. (and I live here now), the cash is covered by a NOK card and is not visible. :grin:

Speaking of having an "ICE" entry in the Contacts list on a smartphone, most people I know have a password to get into the phone, so what good is it to a first responder (unless the crash victim is conscious and speaking)?

That said, I have an App on my iPhone (called ICE) that displays my primary ICE contact on the lockscreen.

Speaking of having an "ICE" entry in the Contacts list on a smartphone, most people I know have a password to get into the phone, so what good is it to a first responder (unless the crash victim is conscious and speaking)?

That said, I have an App on my iPhone (called ICE) that displays my primary ICE contact on the lockscreen.

You've got the right answer. Most phones have the capability to display the ICE numbers even when locked. I've never bothered to lock my phone which is another way to deal with that situation.

If I KNOW I will be going through tolls, sometimes I will "load" a couple of quarters in my keyring. Tankbags and ziplock bags in them are really useful.

my phone takes a fingerprint scan. I'm sure the medic wouldn't have any trouble running my finger across the pad for me as I lay there gurgling (provided phone and finger are still in usable condition).

I guess I should scan some other digits, in case my index becomes separated....

I believe in the "OLD SCHOOL" method. A post it, and hand written in a permanent sharpie and placed in my wallet. This will NOT be broken in an accident, and will still display when drenched. New technology is fine, but we need to realize their limitations too.

Bud- I haven't added this to my 11RT yet, but on my airhead RT I attached a good strong, well it was really like a rugged clothes pin to the dashboard area. I could clip mail going to the Post office, notes, maps, toll tickets etc. It was quite handy.

One trick a friend did was before a trip on the NY Thruway, my friend figured what each toll leg cost and put cash in multiple envelopes. When we got to the first tollbooth, he handed the toll ticket and the first (exact fare) envelope. Pretty slick. I thought. D

Glenn Reed
Bud- I haven't added this to my 11RT yet, but on my airhead RT I attached a good strong, well it was really like a rugged clothes pin to the dashboard area. I could clip mail going to the Post office, notes, maps, toll tickets etc. It was quite handy.

One trick a friend did was before a trip on the NY Thruway, my friend figured what each toll leg cost and put cash in multiple envelopes. When we got to the first tollbooth, he handed the toll ticket and the first (exact fare) envelope. Pretty slick. I thought. D

I used to travel I-85 through Richmond and Petersburg many years ago when there were three or four toll booths along the way. Once I figured out how much each one was, I would load the appropriate change in the top of my tankbag, and then drop it in the baskets as I got there.

Same basic plan as your friend, but without the envelopes!

I keep a credit card in the sleeve pocket on the right arm of my Stich. That's all I need access to during a ride.

Archived