IGNORED

Looking for Zumo 665 help

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

I am trying to troubleshoot an audio problem with my Zumo 665 in the motorcycle mount. I think I recall when the Zumo is in the motorcycle mount there being no audio out of the Zumo unit itself. Meaning the speaker on the Zumo would be silent. If someone with a Zumo 665 and using the motorcycle mount could check this for me I would be grateful.

terryofperry

I know the 660 has audio while in the mount, Garmin does some dumb things but that would really take the cake if it went silent in the mount. Now if you connect the audio out cable to anything it will go silent.

Terry

Bill_Walker

I've found that it's dependent on the wiring of your motorcycle mount. The unit somehow detects whether the external audio feed line is connected properly. If it's not, you get audio from the GPS built-in speaker when it's in the MC mount. If it's connected right, you don't.

Clive Liddell

The supplied wiring hookup has, at it's business end, a 3.5mm audio output and a smaller (2.5?) microphone input as well as another out/in-put which I think is to do with the weather/radio setup.

I have only used the 3.5mm output which mirrors the Zumo's speaker output. Mine is a Z660 BTW.

Archived