IGNORED

What to use to read a GS-911?

Doug_Baliko

Doug_Baliko

Besides a PC desktop computer we use Apple products for computing and communicating. What appliances can be used to read a GS-911? Will any older PC based laptop work with any version of Windows? I'm just trying to figure out the cheapest way to use it if I buy one? And does anyone know if there is a version of the GS-911 coming that will work with my iPad? Thanks.

Doug

AnotherLee

Hi, Doug -

Here's where to find the word from the horse's mouth:

***Link to Hexcode FAQ***

Scroll down to find which computers & OS's work with their software. IPhone? Not at this time. Lots of info here...

Unfortunately the GS 911 hasn't been compatible with Apple so far to the best of my knowledge. I have the GS 911 pro model with blue tooth and have found in my case that it is fairly easy to link with android devices. I have linked mine to an HTC One cell phone and most recently when I changed phones I linked it to a Samsung Galaxy S5 with no problem. I've also linked it with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 pad with no problem. I agree with the earlier poster that it would be wise to check Hex Code's list of devices. I don't work for Samsung, but just pointing out that the GS 911 seems to link up pretty easily to their products. The GS 911 is a great investment, I never leave home without it. Good luck with your choice of devices.

I've read where others have used PC emulators on their macs specifically virtualbox on their macs for the the GS-911.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

I am sure there are other emulators out there.

Good luck.

Nick

+1 to VirtualBox. It's easy to set up on a Mac.

Ask us if you need help to download / install etc.

Thanks

Archived