IGNORED

Garmin Map Update

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

Having trouble with the latest Garmin map update (City Navigator North America NT 2014.4) for my Zumo 665. Anyone know how to load an older version back on?

CoarsegoldKid

The latest map set is NT2015.1. If you have lifetime maps just open Garmin Express. Follow the steps. Use the option button to update both computer and device.

Basecamp is 3.3.3

BC 3.3.2 erased a file during the update from 3.3.1. ERROR.

I had to uninstall the corrupt 3.3.2 and do a fresh install of 3.3.2. Then out came 3.3.3. Hey at least they try to get it right.

Steve Kolenda

My mistake, what I meant to say was "Having trouble with the latest Garmin map update (City Navigator North America NT 2015.1) for my Zumo 665. I would like to load 2014.4 back on.

CoarsegoldKid
My mistake, what I meant to say was "Having trouble with the latest Garmin map update (City Navigator North America NT 2015.1) for my Zumo 665. I would like to load 2014.4 back on.

I think the old can't be downloaded. Why use the old when the new is here? Use the latest Garmin Express too. Use Garmin Express for the update. Select the option for download to device only. Make sure you have plenty of time with a good internet connect cause it takes about 2 hours.

If all that fails call Garmin Support as soon as they open the phone lines at 8am central time.

Bill_Walker

Hmm. I've got City Navigator North America NT 2014.30, and MapUpdate says no new maps are available for my 660.

John Ranalletta

Express is a Windows utility that detects your gps when attached and automatically checks for map and other updates. At least, that's how it works here.

Bill, on my Mac one of the helpful Garmin tech guys who told me to. It really makes things easier.

Another tip that works for me is to download to a card versus the device. That seems to run about half the time needed… then insert the card to the device. The GPS does not care where the map/data resides.

Bill_Walker
Express is a Windows utility that detects your gps when attached and automatically checks for map and other updates. At least, that's how it works here.

I've got Garmin Lifetime Map Updater on my Mac, which seems to do the same thing.

Just did this last weekend on my 660. Had to download the Express software, then the 2015 map update. That took two tries, but eventually it all worked out.

John

I dread updating my Garmin 665 software and maps - especially after reading the above. Well it worked flawlessly with Garmin Express for the first time ever. I thought the software user interfaces were much improved. Lucky or the results of the software gurus creating a better product? Hopefully the later one.

Archived