IGNORED

Ride On Tire Sealant and Balance

CWD

Bill_Walker

I've been using it for years. As far as I know, it's never done anything for me, i.e., I haven't had any punctures that it sealed, but it hasn't hurt anything, either. It does make tire changes a bit messier.

Lighthiker90

I have used it both front and rear. The shop was a Yamaha dealer and couldn't balance my tires when they mounted them on the rim. Balance is the same as with the old conventionally balanced tires. I can't speak about seals. It does hold pressure well, but as mentioned the other tires were old.

My personal experience, it only works in a very narrow band of the center contact patch. My two punctures (with ride-on) were just outside the area. Looking back, most punctures I've received have all been 'just outside' this area.

• 3 months later...
I've been using it for years. As far as I know, it's never done anything for me, i.e., I haven't had any punctures that it sealed, but it hasn't hurt anything, either. It does make tire changes a bit messier.

Let me update that report. Today I was out in the garage and happened to glance over at the set of tires I took off my RT right before the UN because I didn't think they had enough miles left. I guess the light was just right and something inside the rear tire caught my eye. Upon closer inspection, I found this inside the rear tire:

15323182557_547b7ddc5c_z.jpg

That, friends, is the business end of a screw, protruding a good 1/4 inch into the tire!

On the outside of the tire, it looked like this:

15486606896_54f380ea2f_z.jpg

That's pretty well worn down, so it had been there for a while.

Two things:

1) Ride-On tire sealant works very well. The tire never lost any air.

2) I need to get a lot better about inspecting my tires!

I'm sure glad I decided that tire didn't have enough miles left for the trip to Idaho!

Archived