IGNORED

I should have asked.

Bud

So I bought a set of used Ohlin's for the RT. Nice price, look better than advertised.

Seller didn't have the adj wrenches so I called Ohlin's and ordered a pair.

I should have asked!

Wrenches were $14.38.

Shipping was $16.65. :dopeslap::dopeslap::cry::mad:

Seems like they have just found another profit center.

Seriously. They could have mailed them in a small padded envelope for less than $3.00.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...............

No one to blame but me. :dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap:

Won't make that mistake again.

That's one of my pet peeves! Having been bitten more than once I now shop for shipping and suppliers that can't be reasonable on shipping lose my business.

I have found a lot of good suppliers by looking around for who has the best deal on shipping. Seems that if they care about reasonable shipping they care about other tings that matter, too.

This may not be your wrench, but...

Tom

I will know today as it will be here then.

Even so, the cost is about the same. I paid $30.03 for the pair shipped.

With Amazon it would be $29.00 for the pair. The sellers "Free Shipping" seems to be included in their price.

Oh well, having good shocks isn't cheap.

...Even so, the cost is about the same. I paid $30.03 for the pair shipped....

Ah! I missed the plural in the first post. Regardless, your initial point is very valid.

Even using the USPS flat rate boxes the shipping should have been more like $6 to $11. Stuffing them into a bubble pack, $3.

Tom

Part of the problem is UPS and Fedex offer shipping services that are convenient for the shipper who isn't paying the freight.

I just ordered 3' of HES wire from Mcmaster. Weighs a few ounces. >$6 to ship. They don't use the US Postal Service. Would have been a couple of bucks in a padded envelope.

What ya gonna do????????

People make fun of the post office, but they are getting hard to beat on price and their tracking service insures that you know where your package went.

Flat rate boxes can be a bargain for small heavy stuff. I used a flat rate box to ship boat anchor chain. I was under the 70 lb weight limit, but not by much. $13.00 to ship to California!!!

...I just ordered 3' of HES wire from Mcmaster. Weighs a few ounces. >$6 to ship. They don't use the US Postal Service. Would have been a couple of bucks in a padded envelope...

I've gotten small items from McMasters-Carr in the mail. They seem to have several locations around the country where the supplies are housed. Different locations use different shippers for different weights/sizes. They're generally are pretty reasonable in that their charges are the actual cost.

I've had to bite the bullet a few times, paying up to 3 or 4 times the cost of the item. But like you said, if you need it and it isn't available locally there is not much we can do.

Well I just learned another lesson. You can't trust McMaster-Carr.

After calling and asking for the shipping charges, as their on line system doesn't calculate it at the time of order, the sent the invoice today and the shipping was $9.41.

Which was $3 more than they told me it was going to be when I called them yesterday.

:dopeslap:

But like eddd said, if you need it, you need it.

So I wrote McMaster-Carr about the shipping charges.

Just got a reply.

Full Refund of shipping charges and an apology.

WOW :thumbsup::clap::grin:

In Australia we get stung badly with shipping charges. Many suppliers will only use UPS Priority postage which often far exceeds the cost of the item. Some of us have it sent to an address in the USA and then have them forward it to us in Oz at a much cheaper rate.

Archived