IGNORED

Roadside Assitance Plans

BamaRider

I did a search on this topic, and posts returned was very dated (like 5 years).

I'm currently without a plan but looking to change that. I know BMW has a plan but I don't know the details on it. Like how much a year, free to nearest dealer, or are there mileage limits?

AAA is regional.

Allstate/KOA is national.

AFA I recall.

I have both (too many reasons to explain w/family).

I think Allstate is to nearest dealership.

I'd start with them.

Don't forget to check cost of towing rider on your insurance policy.

I have that too.

:dopeslap:

But I'm covered anywhere, for any length tow.

:thumbsup:

russell_bynum
AAA is regional.

Allstate/KOA is national.

AFA I recall.

I have both (too many reasons to explain w/family).

I think Allstate is to nearest dealership.

I'd start with them.

Don't forget to check cost of towing rider on your insurance policy.

I have that too.

:dopeslap:

But I'm covered anywhere, for any length tow.

:thumbsup:

+1.

I have AAA because they offer DMV services in their offices which are more numerous, more conveniently located, and have better hours (including weekends) than the DMV offices. They also have dramatically shorter lines. That AAA offers roadside assistance was secondary.

Allstate/KOA is who I call when I need a tow because there's no distance limit. And yes...technically they go to the nearest dealership, but since it was usually my BMW that was being towed and there aren't that many BMW dealerships where I am, I've had no problem getting them to tow me home instead (which is what I prefer since I'll be fixing whatever broke at home anyway.)

I saw this yesterday, and thought "If Honda can offer this sort of coverage, at no extra charge, for a new $18,000 Fit, why can't BMW do the same for a $25,000 motorcycle?"

2015 Honda Fit, Pilot Add Standard Roadside Assistance

An upgrade to Honda's three-year/36,000-mile new-vehicle limited warranty, the roadside assistance program features lockout service, fuel delivery and towing. It also provides assistance for alternate transportation and hotel reservations.

Owners can call 1-866-864-5211 for help 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada.

The program provides reimbursement consideration for up to $300 in expenses incurred during the first three days following a vehicle disablement that occurs 100 miles or more away from the Honda owner's primary residence.

PS: I took a 2015 Fit EX-L for a test drive Monday, and I was shocked at how much Honda has improved the design since 2009. The interior is greatly upgraded (almost luxurious), and the rear and right side mirror cameras, which I thought were a gimmick, actually turn out to be very useful, providing guidelines for backing up, and indicating if you are taking a turn too tight, with risk of jumping a curb. Considering the number of times my wife has driven our Fit into things, I'm 99% sold on replacing it. The main thing holding me back is that the new Fits are built in Mexico, and I want to see some longterm reliability stats.

I upgraded my BMOA membership to the platinum level (additional $20). My RT was towed 75 Miles to the closest dealer at no cost to me. The driver did an excellent job including taking me to a motel. and I tipped him for that.

Archived