IGNORED

Scotland based, looking at overseas clothing web prices!!!

chrismckay

Hello guys,

I have been googling prices for some new gear and some of the prices form overseas retailers seem too good to be true....

Has anybody purchased clothing/protective equipment from overseas (I am UK based)??

This place www.motocard.com has the Schuberth S2 helmet for £318, thats around £150 cheaper than I paid for mine in UK, I have just checked Schuberth website and they are registered as an authorised dealer of Schuberth helmets.

Looking at items such as the Rukka jackets....there seems to be massive savings to be had.....is this too good to be legit???

Chris

Guest Kakugo

I've bought two helmets and various bike parts in Japan, which is as "overseas" as it gets, and I had absolutely zero issues. :grin:

I've also bought my present Gore-Tex suit on the Net from a Dutch outfit (Motoport) and cannot recommend them highly enough. :thumbsup:

The only thing I know about this Motocard outfit is a physical store chain in Spain: they have two shops in Andorra, three in Barcelona and God only knows how many more. Seem very popular down there, so I take they must be good to deal with.

A number of the Schuberth helmets discounted are discontinued models. The C3, etc. Some of the S2's are discounted, some not so these may be discontinued colors or model variants we don't see in the US.

They are still new of course, just discontinued.

Since the ones discounted seem to have a suffix after S2, be sure to look into what the suffix means.

They do list plus shipping of course and in the UK you would pay VAT at least.

Schuberth has a strict dealer agreement like Arai does limiting discounts and internet advertising to protect brick and mortar dealers.

Your jacket may be discontinued as well. Still a new jacket but maybe not current for what that's worth.

When I got into biking a few years ago, I mail ordered everything I could. The only problems I ran into was the huge shipping costs and the extra Sales Tax and then the courier charges almost as much as the tax for collecting the tax.

Two items needed returns to faulty or defective manufacturing, Revzilla were great, but again I got stung for sales tax on replacement items...

I now only buy from places I can go and try on and have good customer service.

Archived