IGNORED

GS Lockable Navigator mount on a 2013 RT

Over

Had my RT in for its first service yesterday, they didn't have any RT loaners, so I had a 2014 GS.

It has a lockable mount and my Navigator V fitted in perfectly.

Does anyone know if the BMW mount would fit on my 13 RT?(It has the BMW bar and mount )

This is the type of mount I'm thinking of for the RT OEM navigator mount

Seems the bar mount is a different diameter, so as I've already decided to get a 2014 RT when the fuss dies down, I have ordered a Touratech lock, which is a bolt on and will have a good resale value.

Also it seems the key for a new GS is not the same type as the 2013 RT so would need a second key anyway.

I have a 2012 RT with the OEM Nav IV and bar fitted and recently moved to the locking GPS mount from the newer GS. It does fit, although some additional spacing is required to keep it clear of the windshield. More in my case, since I also wanted to fit my Radar detector on the same bar. If you're handy with HDPE, it's easy enough. BTW, I purchased the standard Garmin Zumo 660 mount and wired it in. Way cheaper than the OEM. RT key works once the lock barrel is keyed.

Thanks Doug.

The BMW unit from the GS looks much nicer than the Touratech, but I've ordered a Touratech one now. Had them before on my ST 1300.

• 2 weeks later...

I go so fed up waiting for Touratech, I cancelled their order.

Just bought a GS one second hand from a chap in NY so will have to make it on the BMW bar...

Archived