IGNORED

Bridgestone T30 sport touring tires?

mikeR1100R

mikeR1100R

Looking at tires and I have not heard of these tires before. I need 160/60 18 for the rear and 120/70 17 for the front of my 1998 R1100R. Has anyone had experience with them? I have had Bridgestones before just not these.

Thanks.

Mike the Ghoul

I've got a set on. They replaced PR3s. I had two sets of the PR3s before. They each went about 10,000 miles or so. I was very happy with them but when the Bridgestones came out I thought I'd try them. I have been a Bridgestone fan for a while. The Bridgestones now have about 6000 miles on them. They flat spotted in the center relatively quickly and I don't expect to get the mileage out of them I got out of the PR3s. Overall they are not as confidence inspiring as the PR3. Every once in while it feels like the rear wheel is jumping to the side. This could be a factor of the flat spot. I did ride in torrential rain the last trip I took, and they stayed put so I can't complain about their rain performance.

I plan to go back to PR when these are shot.

Just my two cents. YMMV.

I have a 99 R1100RT

mike

Dave_in_TX

I'm on my second rear T30 (I'm running a Z8 on the front). For the price, I think the T30 is hard to beat. It sticks well and isn't any more prone to "flat spotting" than other sport tires I've used. I have no experience with the PR3 or PR4 but I like the T30 much more than I did the PR, PR2, ot Roadsmart II.

The t30s are BT's replacement for the BT023. From what I've read, they're basically the same tire with a new name. I am on my third set on my 99 RT.

Running 38psi in the front and 42psi in the rear, I'm getting around 11k to 12k miles (mostly interstate commuting miles).

These tires are a good value for dual compound tires.

Archived