IGNORED

Sale on Elkskin Gloves from Aerostich

Mike

Over the years I've bought a bazillion pairs of gloves for riding, and my favorites are Aerostich's Elkskin Ropers. They're buttery soft, amazingly rugged, and comfy from the first moment you slip them on. Right now, they're on sale. You can get them in black or natural tan. Go forth and purchase.

420_1g_1.jpg

JerryMather

They look perfect for working out in the north forty on a tractor. For riding I'll stick with something that has a little more padding in those areas that count if / or when I need it. :P

Mike...just happens I need some new gloves...clicked the link, there are multiple roper gloves...which one do you like.

I usually get 4 to 5 years out of a pair.

That's with just wearing and riding. I don't wash them.

I did find the same glove at a western wear company in Denver w/o the thumb squeegee.

The nice thing is the wide range of sizes so you can get some that actually fit!

Mike...just happens I need some new gloves...clicked the link, there are multiple roper gloves...which one do you like.

I get the basic ones, catalog no. #420-440 (pictured above). At one point I purchased the gauntlet model, catalog no. #464-465-466, but I haven't worn them nearly as much.

So far I've gone with the black ones, but be aware of the fact that you'll experience some bleeding (and, therefore, gray hands), the first time you get them soaked. The natural ones are undyed, so they don't have that problem, but will show dirt more readily.

It's nice that they're reasonably priced, but they're still my favorite gloves, of all the brands and designs that I've bought over the years.

Last year I bought the Competition Elkskin Roper Gloves #421, love them. Really good glove and break in nicely. I chose the undyed.

Oh sure Mike, recommend these to me via FB just weeks BEFORE they go on sale. ;):rofl:

I know you're rolling in it. I'm sure cost is no concern. :P

I have the competition version with the touchscreen threads in the fingers now following 5 or 6 years of their standard ropers. A bargain due to their longevity.

I have a set of Aerostich Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves. The elkskin is thick and nice. However, the rest of the glove is thin deerskin. The gauntlet is so floppy that it is difficult to deal with.

The comp gloves look like thick elkskin throughout. That would likely be a huge improvement.

I think Bud made the best observation, Aerostitch make them in a bunch of sizes, so it's easier to get a good fit.

Elkskin is kind of like Mother Nature's Gore-Tex, except without the waterproof part. :)

The fact that it's pretty thick gives it a fair amount of abrasion resistance and warmth in cool weather. Its cellular makeup also allows these gloves to breathe in hot weather. They will soak up some rain, but dry to their original size and suppleness. Really, a good value...even for you chumps who pay full price. :P

Archived