IGNORED

Aftermarket seat for 2010 GS

David Adams

David Adams

Bought a 2010 R1200 GS back in October and love the experience. Have not been on as many forest service roads as I'd like but so far have put around 7000 miles on it since October. But the stock seat is getting to the uncomfortable stage. I thought I could get through it, but after about 3 hours in the saddle, I am really uncomfortable. I've looked at Sargent, Bill Mayer, Russell Day Long websites. And it's hard to make a decision based on what I read. I'd like to go on some longer trips and would like some help. Would like to hear from any who have experience with the companies, or other ones, for a seat on the GS. Also some advice on whether it's worth it to buy both rider AND passenger seat or just rider, since I have not ever had the wife on back, yet. I guess that question could be answered if and when I get her there. Anyway, would love some feedback. Thanks.

Guest Kakugo

Kahedo (sold by Touratech). I've had other brands before by Kahedo is in a world of its own. Closely tied with Wilbers suspensions for the best money I've spent on the RT so far. Rode on it for up to 800km in a day with no issues whatsoever.

As per passenger seat... I am a solo rider as well, so I suggest you keep the money for the moment. There's always time to get a special seat for special someone... :grin:

I have had a Sargent and it was better than stock but not the final solution for me. I bought a Russel for my wife and I about 5 years ago and do not worry about the seat anymore. I am a 95/5 on/ off road rider with an '07 GS. If you carry a passenger any significant amount of the time I would get them both done. If not just have them recover the rear seat to match the front.

I've had Sargents on three different motorcycles (but never owned a R1200GS). I love them. They are all-day comfortable for me (including some IB rides) and their build quality is top-shelf.

Archived