IGNORED

Summer windshield for RT

John in VA

I had a Cee Baileys Sundowner for my 2006 RT but I was disappointed that it doesn't fit my 2013 RT. The Sundowner' holes line up but the camhead windshield mount is pointier than the hexhead's was (and beefier, thank goodness) so the Sundowner is overall too flat for the mount.

CB doesn't make the Sundowner anymore but they have a Sport windshield now.

I just got a Sport this week and I'm very happy with it. The Sundowner was a short, wide fan shape and kind of stubby looking, while the Sport is bell-shaped and curvy. It gives a nice clean air stream around my helmet when it's down, and a clear view over top, yet when it's up there's a good calm pocket but with just a bit of back pressure. It was kind of weird at first not to have that big OEM shield in front of me but the view is great and so is the breeze.

The shape and styling fit the RT well. The pictures don't really show it, but it's about 3" shorter and maybe 3" narrower at each edge at the top than OEM, with a slight lip. It's a big difference when you're on the bike. It seems a bit thicker and more durable than the OEM shield. I recommend it for those blazing hot summer months. It's about as naked as you can get on an RT unless you go windshield-less.

windshield1.JPG

windshield2.JPG

windshield3.JPG

I got one of those for my 2012 RT on Sharon's (Bullet) recommendation (although it's not exactly what she has). I'm short (height-challenged :) ), so, even with the stock windshield down, I wasn't getting any cooling air on my body. I use it for the summer, and put the stock w/s back on for the winter for more protection.

Archived