IGNORED

New Stitch coming soon

Sonor

Well I did it. After eight months of watching the Aerostitch sale site for a deal, they finally had the suit I wanted and it is in my size. I pulled the trigger yesterday on a Roadcrafter suit and should get it some time next week. I know it will be fall before I can fully use it due to the heat and humidity here in NC, but I do look forward to it.

Any breakin advice or suggestions I should know about these things?

Congratulations! To break it in, wear it and go for a ride. Start with short ones on familiar, non challenging roads, then as you out get used to it, longer ones.

Even in the heat. Sweat soften the fabric.

:clap:

I forget who originally said it, but a tip for softening it up, don't hang it up. Just drop it on the ground in a ball and leave it there.

Make friends with it as quickly as possible, they don't go away easily. I'm at 18 years and counting with mine and thinking about that for a moment, kinda gross.. :eek::grin:

Pat

not sure, but mine has to be close to 12 years old. 10 for certain. If you take care of it, they never wear out. of course here in Atlanta, GA, much like NC, I only wear it 13 weeks of the year. Now my cycleport gear, is worn 30 weeks a year, and it is now 12 years old, and it still operates and fits like new. shipped the pants back for repairs about 4 or 5 years ago. Jacket has never been repaired. For either item I just wash them every 4-6 months and then lay the garment out in garage to dry. I do not hang them to dry or dry in sun/heat. just dry in garage laying over freezer chest. usually takes 2 full days to dry. I do remove all the protective gear during washing and leave it out during drying

what everyone has already said. I had my first one about 3 years when I crashed it it. Saved my A$%, but mangled it in places. I sent it in and it was repaired and I rode in it for another couple before it shrank and I had to buy a larger one in 1998 which I'm still using on every long ride all year and on the short ones during the cool season. Need to have some velcro repaired this year. Great investment.

I've had mine for 15 years. Still looks great. But 3 years ago I treated myself to the Aerostich leathers...they are awesome.

Archived