IGNORED

Anyone have (and use) Jim von Baden's R1200 Maintenance DVD?

Blind Squirrel

I've viewed a friends copy,pretty good. Works great for those who like doing their own maintenance.

And good for help identifying parts as well as procedures.

I've got the factory CDs and Dealer access. These factory CDs,NOT Copy's,..can be had at a discount found forsale in flea market ads or even on fleabay.

I wouldn't say your wasting your money.

I bought and used his video on my 05 RT. Gave me all the confidence I needed to do the maintenance myself. He explains each step in detail and it was very easy to follow along.

I do believe that the early vids had a couple of torque corrections that you had to watch for. No doubt though, if you're looking to maintain your bike at home it's money well spent.

Or in other words..... :thumbsup::thumbsup::grin:

Pat

areyouolsen

Another +1 for JVB's videos! I have all 3 for my 1200 and have used all 3. Walks you through all of the routine maintenance you need to do and is laid out in an easy-to-understand manner.

Blind Squirrel

I picked up a (one VIN) used GS-911. Looks like I am going to spring for the DVD too.

Thanks to all!

I use it to perform the maintenance on my 2009 R1200RT.

Good instruction, well worth the price, paid for itself based

on money saved on the first service.

Yes and yes.

Jim strikes a really nice balance between too basic and too complicated. And he presents it as a mentor guiding you through. More basic than I needed, but I have years of wrenching experience - which many don't.

Archived