IGNORED

NAV 5 on another bike

DonB

Does anyone know if the NAV 5 can work on another bike and not a BMW?

Will a Zumo 590 or similar cradle work?

Thanks!

No problem doing this, well ok, maybe one. I keep getting prompts telling me to lose the fingerless gloves and beanie helmet. :rofl:

IMG_1423.jpg

Good luck with the Ten!

Pat

Does anyone know if the NAV 5 can work on another bike and not a BMW?

Will a Zumo 590 or similar cradle work?

Thanks!

I don't think the cradel of a Zumo 590 will work, but a Zumo 660/665 cradel will. You won't have the plug and play and if you want Audio you'll have to do that Via Bluetooth.

Pat,

The cradle that it came with is a BMW specific cable that has a wiring harness preconfigured.

I was hoping for a non-BMW PNP option.

Pat,

The cradle that it came with is a BMW specific cable that has a wiring harness preconfigured.

I was hoping for a non-BMW PNP option.

I bet you could use the BMW cradle, the wires aren't long but you could just splice in you power connection. Or you could do what I did and sell the cradle (I sold mine at BMW MOA Flea Market) Buy the Zumo cradle and pocket some money.

Jay

Bill_Walker

I'd be surprised if you can't also get audio out from the 660 cradle (at least there's audio out from MY 660 cradle, and audio in as well). I'd be really surprised if Garmin did the wiring all that differently between the 660 and Nav V. I previously had a NAV II, and it worked exactly the same in a 2610 cradle/cable. You just don't get the extra BMW buttons.

Archived