IGNORED

I-Phone 5 Mount

Fred Walsh

There are many options.

Simple, is a RAM Ball mounted in place of one of your handlebar bolts for the base, or the same ball in the left hand mirror hole by the clutch lever. (RAM-B-367) if memory serves. You'll need a washer and a nylock nut for the mirror hole install.

Then, one of the adjustable arms.

Then, my favorite, the RAM X-mount cradle. This is best of your phone has a sleeve or case. Even an Otter a Box will fit.

See the RAM Wizard.

http://www.rammount.com/Products/AppleMounts/Wizard/tabid/5086/Default.aspx#/

You can get an adapter from your dash power port to the USB to keep your phone charged.

Powerlet or Amazon .

But there are many mounts to do what you want from 45 dollars to several hundred.

There are many options.

Simple, is a RAM Ball mounted in place of one of your handlebar bolts for the base

+1

I have my phone in an Adaptiv Technologies mount in the left mirror hole in the RT.

Since then, the RAM X Mount came out and I'm waiting for the Adaptiv mount to break to replace it. I had to "adjust" it with my dead blow to get full view of my mirror.

With the multi adjustable arm of the RAM, I won't have that problem.

I didn't care for the low, handlebar bolt mounting location at all. With the phone up high, I can easily punch a few buttons at stop lights. For GPS use, I either use MotionX Drive or since it's proven fixed, Google maps Blue-toothed into my helmet using a Scala G4 and a G9.

I inherited a Sena SMH10 recently for my extra,extra, helmet and tho the round spinner control is easy to use, I'm spoiled by the active volume and the better speakers of the Scala for music and incoming phone usage.

• 3 months later...

I gave up on waiting for my Adaptive mount to break. Bought the RAM and X mount, medium length arm, ball with a hole in the middle for my mirror mount in the R1100RT.

Very happy.

I use the simple RAM ball mount and the X-mount for my iPhone. It works great.

Where did you mount it? You got a picture, by any chance?

I use the brake/clutch mount with this arm with the Lifeproof mount modified to fit this base.

My phone is in a Lifeproof case that has personally been tested to a depth of 12ft. If I'm on the bike, the phone is out and Waze is on.

Archived