IGNORED

Tires

Jimroc777

I like to commute to work so I'm looking for a tire with the longest tread life. All my driving is straight highway driving no corners, so I'd like to find a tire that's harder in the center and softer around the edges..any suggestion? By the way the bike is a r1150r rockster......thanks

Michelin Pilot Road 3 or Pilot Road 4, usually referred to as PR3s and PR4s.

+1. Hard to beat for mileage. Just consider the very good handling and wet or dry traction as bonuses.

+2. PR4's are everything the PR3's were, better.

PR4's are now my go-to choice for my RTs and K16 (PR4GT's on the K16 for the additional sidewall stiffness; haven't tried the GT's on an RT yet so I can't comment on PR4 vs. PR4GT in that application).

Straight line riding.....ME880's have proven to be a good choice over the years :thumbsup:.

However, the Pirelli Angel ST is a great tire plus they beat out substantial competition on a tire wear comparo.

Article HERE.

I was going to mention the 880's but they don't come in the Rockster width.

The 880 is a Touring tire, not a Sport Touring like the mentioned Michelins.

I don't think it would be a tire I would choose, but truthfully, the ME880 comes on the K1200LT and I've ridden the LT as fast if not faster than my RT down some challenging roads with the bike being on rails.

Archived