IGNORED

Speed bleeders

Jimroc777

Afternoon Jim

Go to speed bleeder website & they have a chart showing what you need for YOUR specific motorcycle.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/Motorcycle%20Sizes.htm

I basically don't recommend speed bleeders on the 1150 BMW as the brake calipers are not pumped-bled but bled using the ABS power servos so no real gain on the wheel circuits.

On the ABS controller, again speed bleeders are really not needed as the bleed nipples are right there in front of you.

Also, speed bleeders on the I-ABS brake controller have been known to crack the thin valve block ear.

To me, on the BMW 1150, the little if any gain with using speed bleeders is not worth the possible down side.

Dr, my rockster is the non abs model.

I have used a mighty vac before on other bikes in the past, wasn't sure if the speed bleeders would have made the job easier. I've heard good things about them but never bled brakes with them....thanks

I don't even see my year rockster on the list there...maybe, I'll just bleed them the way I have in the past......thanks dr.

Also, speed bleeders on the I-ABS brake controller have been known to crack the thin valve block ear.

DR,

Tell me more about this.

While a agree that speed bleeders are basically worthless on the wheel circuits, I remember thinking they would come in handy while I was bleeding the ABS controller. Is it just a function of tightening them too much?

Afternoon greiffster

I'm really not sure how the speed bleeders are cracking the ABS valve body.

On the 2 that I have seen broken my guess is, it is either from over tightening, or from the sealer on the speed bleeder threads forcing the threaded hole larger.

I don't even see my year rockster on the list there...maybe, I'll just bleed them the way I have in the past......thanks dr.

Evening Jim

If you really want speed bleeders then just look at your front calipers to see if they say BMW or Brembo on them, then either call Speed Bleeder or you can probably use the 1150R bike listing from the chart.

Archived