IGNORED

Tankbag water bladder

mrduck

Where do I find a bladder to fit my tankbag? I don't like wearing the camelbak on a street ride- it's just stupid hot here and I can't be the only one looking for a bladder with a drink tube that fits the bag.

Don J :wave:

Years ago, on a trip, I removed the bladder from my Camelback and put it in my Big Mak tank bag. Perfect fit? Nah. Good enough? Certainly.

It was especially hot (108-113) and I wanted to the bladder where I could see it, so I could stop in time to fill it back up before it went empty. I'd fill it half with ice and 1/2 with water and in no time it was all water. It was very handy.

I have a photo somewhere. I'll try to find it.

I coiled the hose in the Big Mak when I wasn't on the bike. Then, when riding, I'd pull it out and loop it up under my helmet and put the bite bit in my mouth. Simple.

Up until then I always rode with my camel back on my pillion seat and ran the hose over my back, clipping the hose to my jacket collar.

i-sdGmxbC-L.jpg

Camelbak makes what they call the unbottle,its just the bag/insulating sleeve and drinking tube.

They make/made a half liter size that would fit in many tankbags.

Think Platypus makes a similar setup,or you can create it out of their various parts.

JR356

areyouolsen

Dude, head to REI or a similar outdoors store and they have a couple of rows of replacement bladders. Take your bag in and find out which one fits best.

Thats the same thing I do. I have a 1.5 liter bag, I fill it with ice and water, lay just under the top flap and thread the house out the zipper. I put a piece of velcro around the end and on the tank bag so I always know there the hose is with out looking.

Works great, everytime!

Dan

Thats the way I always use my water bladder. I hated having it on my back. I just wrap it in a light cotton towl to keep the condensation to a minimum inside the tank bag. Maybe someday I will splurge on an insulated one, but I doubt it. The best thing I added to my setup is a retractable clip that I attach to the end of the hose. Like this

E9780000118707B.jpg

Its easy to pull up the hose to get a drink, and it retracts right back to the same spot as soon you let it go. Works great

Kathy I'm gonna try your idea, looks like that might work. :thumbsup:

On the other hand Mr Tallman........uh, no but thank you anyhow :rofl:

Don J :wave:

hey mr duck! Try any local bicycle shop. They should be selling bladders separately.

If you get one at a bicycle shop ask'm for some electrolyte replacement. Sippin' on that stuff will keep ya from zoning out...

:wave:

I use a 1-liter Camelbak bladder wrapped in a microfiber towel for insulation and to handle condensation or leakage. Hose out between the zippers, and clipped on a retractable gizmo similar to what Keith showed above (I think I got mine from Aerostich). I had a Platypus bladder from Aerostich previously, but the Camelbak one is easier to fill because it's got a great big screw-cap opening.

Archived