IGNORED

Continental tires

SteveHebert

Has anyone tried the Continental Conti-motion tire? I just ordered a set fro Motosport for an incredible deal of $175 delivered. There were 111 good reviews for them on the website.

I don't see where they offer the correct front size for your bike.

The 120-70/ZR17. What front did you order?

Not going to get into a tire debate, but when I see "tire for the budget conscience" and "entry level market" I go with what I know works.

Guest Kakugo

A friend had them on his CBF1000. He didn't like them: that's subjective.

What's not subjective is how quickly they wore: I think he did a grand total of 7000km before they were completely bald.

I ordered the pair which match the correct size for the RT 120/70-17. I am not concerned about the price or the budget conscious remark on the site. I just wanted to try something different. The Metzler Z4 was the best tire out there IMHO of course. The Z6 replacement sucks.

IRT the Conti-motion, I only saw one review about a shorter tire life. 7K is very short. Others posted 15K miles and that they liked them much better than the PR2 & 3. I have had two sets of the PR2s and I hate the way they howl. We will see how these work.

Steve,

Let us know.

Our experience with earlier versions was OK to pretty good, with the longevity caveat.

That was on roads comparable to what you'll be riding.

Tires arrived yesterday and they look good. I will mount them in a week or so for a "possible" business trip to Hagerstown, MD.

I've gone through 4 sets of the Conti-Motion. My tire life has been aroun 6,000 to 8,000 miles.

Thanks for the information!

I went through one set of Contis. They were pretty good, but howled toward the end of their life, and I'm getting both more mileage and less noise from Michelins. As the saying goes, YMMV.

Fitted Michelin Road Pilot 3's on the '08 1200RT, they still look good at over 20000 kms. Tried to get the same to fit to the '11 R1200RT, but had to get the new Road Pilot 4's. I hope they last as well as the 3's

Best all round tire I've experienced.

I just bought a replacement rear Conti-Motion last week, the fronts still good.

Bought a set to try on my for better mileage & was pleased to get 3K out of the rear instead of the 2K I've been getting out of other brands.

They're as good or better than the Pilot Roads I've run of this bike and less $$$.

• 2 months later...

Hey Steve - so how do you like 'em? CompAcc has them for sale now at a similar price to what you paid. Thinking about pulling the trigger.

i ran a set of pilot power 2ct with similar objective of trying out a cheaper tire. not too bad, 7k or so, grip was suspect on wet roads.

have fun

i ran a set of pilot power 2ct with similar objective of trying out a cheaper tire. not too bad, 7k or so, grip was suspect on wet roads.

have fun

Reminds me of the experience I had with the original Pilot Roads on my 6th Gen VFR, zero confidence in the wet with those tires.

I installed the tires last week and put just 1000 miles on them in TN, GA and NC. We ran 64 to Ducktown, then 68 to Telico Plains. Also ran highway 49 in Alabama which is a very nice twisty road up to Mt. Cheeha. The tires look brand new still. I like them so far. I do not ride anywhere near the abilities of Sean so they will last for a bit.

I will keep posting updates.

Archived