IGNORED

tire wear

bulletbill

Have a friend that has just purchased a 05 1200RT he is interested in tire wear. the Bike has a rear 023 brigestone. He has a up coming a 2000+ trip his tire has 2/64 of tread, so he is looking for opinions from the group

Tire wear questions are usually unanswerable. 2/64 = 1/32", and I would not consider a 2000 mile trip with that little tread, unless I had a location somewhere in that trip where I could plan for a change.

Tire wear questions are usually unanswerable.

Agree but this one is not, why chance it ? Anybody who would plan on riding 2000 miles from home on 1/32 of tread should be talked out of it straight away safety is the main reason & a strong second is time wasted getting a flat on a moto will eat up the hours especially if the tire can't be repaired roadside.

Have a friend that has just purchased a 05 1200RT he is interested in tire wear. the Bike has a rear 023 brigestone. He has a up coming a 2000+ trip his tire has 2/64 of tread, so he is looking for opinions from the group

Either you're kidding or he's kidding, or both. Tire wear is his last problem.

Going on 5th grade math, 2/64 is 1/32. With that he's already well into the wear bars.

My advice? Put some damn tires in the bike!

Archived