IGNORED

armor upgrade for Tourmaster Venture pants?

Doug 55

First off, I just now saw the news that family, friends and the world at large are worse for the loss of Cary Littel .... as many have shared he was the warmth, heart and intellect that started this great community ... I have, on the desk as I type, a postmark 2000 envelope sent by Cary with a "Gen 1" BMWST sticker ....

In shadow of that I would still appreciate any advice about the "up-armor" question ... I bought Tourmaster "Venture" pants today for sake of comfortable fit, good price and (Gortex equivalent) waterproofing but the knee armor seems B+ at best and the hip armor just window dressing ... if anyone knows a source for good "CE approved" type replacement/upgrades I would greatly appreciate the info!

Guest Kakugo

Brands such as Knox sell shorts with hip protection... bear in mind however hip armor cannot be too thick for mobility and comfort reasons.

As per knees... plenty of upgrades available from the likes of Rukka, UFO etc. It's only a matter of finding the protector that will fit your trousers.

I replaced some crappy (cardboard stiff) elbow armor in one my jackets with armor from D3O (used by Klim, FirstGear, and others). I haven't had reason to "test" it, but it's loads more comfortable and my thumbnail swag says it's much more protective than the original stuff. CE approved.

Archived