IGNORED

Alaska Leather Sheepskin

bmwdavid

Hi

Is Alaska Leather the company that sells the seat cover most widely used? I am going to have a custom seat done over the winter but want something until the snow flies. It lists a medium size for the 1200RT but this is probably for the 2005-2013 version. Has anyone used one of these and are there any other recommendations? I prefer not to add much height to the seating position and the stock seat on the new RT kills me.

I have a 10-year old Alaska Leather sheepskin that is still serving admirably. Ordered a pillion sheepskin from them this spring, and it was clearly made to fit. If you specify make and model, I'm sure that they will cut to fit. Also, no sales tax and free shipping.

buttpads%2520-%2520Edited.JPG

I further "improved" on my old sheepskin by gluing a piece of low-density (memory?) foam that I obtained from an upholstery shop to the bottom. I have less than a 29" inseam, and I estimate that my pad+foam combination adds no more than 1/4" to seat height. My current setup is as close to perfection as I expect to get in this lifetime.

sheep%252Bfoam%2520-%2520Edited.JPG

I have had one for about 10 years. I think you can use the code "BMWST" in the coupon/promo code box and you'll get a discount. At least that used to be the case . . .

I purchased a short nap black sheepskin for about $100 about 6 years ago for the purpose of making my own seat covers for R1150RT. Took off the seats, made a template with craft paper, copied onto the skin, cut the skin per template. Attached (by sewing) a few quick connect stretch straps and I'm done. Still had enough of the sheepskin left over to cover my favorite chair in the house.

Archived