IGNORED

Crazy Coatings... Anyone used them for ceramic pipe coatings.

rottyjohn

Hello All,

Curious if any other RT folks had their stock manifold ceramic coated by this company in Middletown De? www.crazycoatings.com.

I have a RT 06 with 54K miles on it. Header pipes starting to show their age. Recently sent some email to see what kind of pricing they have. Interested in getting it black ceramic coated.

Really attractive to me as they are located close enough that I wouldn't have to ship to them I could drop off and pick up.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,

John

I havent done my RT but I did do the pipes on two RSs I had with silver ceramic at Jet-Hot coatings on the west coast. It was great. The header pipes were the typical nasty brown but a pretty silver after and they never changed color as long as I had them.

I had my '04RT and '05GS done when new and they still look great. I used a vendor in Washington State and the turn around was a bout a week. I highly recommend coating them. I wouldn't think vendor would matter, I would think the material and process would be the same.

I had headers on a R12S ceramic coated Black and it lasted maybe a year or less. I ended up touching it up with a Black paint for outdoor grills that lasted for maybe a week. I'm glad others got better results and I have no way to evaluate if the vendor who did the coating did it correctly.

I had headers on a R12S ceramic coated Black and it lasted maybe a year or less. I ended up touching it up with a Black paint for outdoor grills that lasted for maybe a week. I'm glad others got better results and I have no way to evaluate if the vendor who did the coating did it correctly.

I think you already evaluated whether or not they did it correctly - if it only lasted a year, they didn't do it right. I've had better luck than that with flat black high temp exhaust/engine paint from the auto parts store.

Archived